Farm Credit Scholarship Program Requirements
Farm Credit scholarships are awarded to customers of Farm Credit Mid-America, their children or grandchildren, based on academic record, leadership qualities and community involvement. 46 scholarships are awarded for a total of $57,500 (23– $1,500 scholarships and 23– $1,000 scholarships) each year.
- Scholarship applicants must be college freshmen, sophomores, juniors or seniors in good academic standing for the academic year in which the scholarship is received. Graduating high school seniors are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a 4-year or 2-year college within the United States.
- All majors are welcome to apply, although preference will be given to students pursuing ag-related careers.
- Scholarship applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better (preferred).
- Scholarship applicants must have an agricultural background or work related experienced in agriculture.
- Scholarship applicants must be customers, children of customers or grandchildren of customers of Farm Credit Mid-America.
- Scholarship Application must be postmarked by Wednesday, February 28, 2013.
Scholars are selected in March and results are posted in April.
Other Scholarship Programs from Farm Credit
Farm Credit also awards more than $60,000 in awards to students attending universities with ag colleges as well as 4-H and FFA scholarships. Information on those scholarships can also be found on the organization’s website or by calling the universities or the state offices of the 4-H and FFA.