Farm Credit Mid-America is proud to work with and support a number of the commodity groups across the four states we serve. Below are links to our commodity partners.
Featured Livestock Customers
We talked to customers in four major commodity groups: beef, pork, poultry and dairy. Read these great stories of our featured customers!
- Timothy’s Premium Beef – In support of May is beef month, we talked with the owners of this livestock operation in Kentucky.
- Ramsiers Dairy – June is dairy month and if you want to see an unusual dairy operation, look no further than this northeastern Ohio operation which uses robotics to milk their cows!
- Poultry - September is National Pork Month and we talk to this family in middle Tennessee.
- Yankauskas – Meet this fabulous family who owns and operates a farm to market pork operation in northwest Indiana. This is in selection of October is National Pork Month.
- Ohio Soybean Association - the Ohio Soybean Association’s mission is to provide leadership for Ohio’s soybean producers in promoting effective policies and legislation to ensure a growing and profitable soybean industry.
- Ohio Corngrowers Association- This voluntary, self-help program allows for the collection of a half cent-per-bushel assessment by all first purchasers of the grain. The program started April 1, 1989.
- Ohio Pork Producers Council- The OPPC MISSION: To serve and benefit Ohio Pork Producers Council members regardless of size, in the areas of member service, legislative and environmental issues, consumer and producer education, and market development.
- Ohio Livestock Coalition- regular communication about key issues affecting Ohio’s livestock industry through publications and e-mail alerts, and a “members-only” section of OhioLivestock.org that provides fact sheets and issue briefing papers exclusively for OLC members.
- Ohio Cattlemen’s Association- The mission of the OCA is to promote the economic, political and social needs of Ohio’s cattle producers, while increasing demand for beef and beef products.
- Ohio Dairy Producers Association- As a grassroots legislative, research, and producer education organization, ODPA represents dairy farmers from across the state, regardless of farm size, breed or production strategy, marketing preference, or political affiliation.
- Ohio Poultry Association- OPA is a non-profit statewide trade organization, representing more than 600 Ohio egg, turkey and chicken producers and farmers in the state of Ohio. Ohio’s egg and poultry farmers and producers are equally committed to being good neighbors, reliable operators and responsible stewards of the environment.
- Indiana Beef Council- In Indiana, the Beef Council’s mission continues to be the search for effective ways to communicate with producers and continuing education about where checkoff dollars go and how the program works.
- Indiana Dairy Council- MPSI works closely with Dairy Management, Inc. (DMI), the Milk Processor Education Program (Milkpep) and regional counterparts to bring a fully integrated national promotion program to Indiana.
- Indiana Pork Producers Association- Indiana Pork is a trade association representing all pork producers in the state through the Pork Checkoff program, and represents the advocacy needs of the industry through a voluntary membership in the Indiana Pork Advocacy Coalition.
- Indiana Soybean Alliance- The Alliance is led by a single farmer board that is responsible for investing Indiana’s soybean checkoff funds and working with state and federal policymakers to promote policies that benefit Indiana’s soybean farmers
Other Links of Interest